Saturday, December 15, 2007

Golf


Yes, golf.

I just played for the first time in seven months. It was pretty awful. Awful, meaning it was the worst I have ever done. I started out alright and was on pace to shoot in the high 90s after 8 holes, and then much like Greg Norman. I blew up. Ended up getting a 127. I feel bad for people up north because it was in the mid 70s today and I was playing golf. They have blizzards.

Suckers.

Makes you wonder how Tiger Woods and all those professionals do it. Just heard something while having golf on in the background that said 99 PGA tour players made a cool million in earnings from tournaments this year. Seriously. Not kidding. You could be the 99th best golfer in the world and still be a millionaire.

Hell. You could probably be the 300th best golfer and still make six figures. Think about that. The 300th best golfer probably shoots in the high 70s low 80s consistently. Sometimes he gets lucky and breaks par.

If I get lucky in what I do I don't get caught surfing the internet at work. I am not very lucky though.

Golfers also tend to have really hot girlfriends and/or wives. Hell, even the ultimate choker, Greg Norman, is marrying Chris Evert.

I actually just looked it up. The 216th best golfer in the world this year is Larry Mize. He made $105,740 this year so far. So I was wrong, the 300th best golfer didn't break 6 figures. The PGA Tour doesn't even list the 300th best golfer. It stops at 256. So dude named Guy Boros.


Guy Boros.

Sounds like a rip off Bond villain. Even he has won a Tour event in his career. He has made nearly 1.5 million in his career off the Tour. He also apparently makes just over 56% of greens in regulation. I think if I played every day and took some good lessons I could probably get near that within a year or two.


He doesn't look very athletic. I bet he has a hot wife. Or had one.

No comments: