Sunday, December 16, 2007

Miami Dolphins


The Dolphins just won a game. If you are Matt Stover how do you go into the locker room knowing you should have made that game winning kick? If you are Troy Smith, how good do you think your chances are in the NFL after leading your team down the field twice coming off the bench? I know that was the Dolphins defense he was going against, but they are actually pretty good on that side of the ball.


By the way. I just found this wonderful image of Dolphins stadium at halftime today. They were pretty close to selling out that place. I know, I know, I should talk. The Dolphins are actually better than the Falcons, they just have tougher competition to play.

I was actually going to be looking forward to watching the Dolphins-Patriots game next week if the Pats were 14-0 and the Dolphins were 0-14, and with Shula's '72 team hoping for some oddly timed miracle. O well, I guess I will have more of an excuse not to watch the NFL this year now.

You have to feel good for the Dolphins right now though. Unlike the Falcons or many other losers this season they are actually still attempting to play the game. The Falcons looked downright atrocious today. It makes me wonder what would have happened if D.J. Shockley hadn't gotten hurt in the pre-season. I would think he would have at least gotten some playing time by now. That is too bad that he hasn't. I just hope whoever comes in next year gives him a shot. I also hope the Falcons don't waste their first pick on a QB. They have too many other problems to worry about a QB right now.

The Dolphins need a QB though. They are a lot closer to being a decent team than the Falcons. I miss college football.

No comments: